CAPhO Educational Webinar Series: Cannabis for AINV – is there POT-ential? now available online
The webinar 'Cannabis for AINV – is there POT-ential?' presented by Mia Aizon, 4th year PharmD student at the University of Alberta, is now available online.
In one hour, Mia Aizon will:
- Describe the mechanism of action for cannabinoids to prevent or treat nausea/vomiting;
- Discuss the different cannabinoid formulations, relevant pharmacokinetics, expected onset of action, precautions, adverse effects, contraindications, interactions and proper storage;
- Summarize the existing evidence for efficacy and safety of cannabinoids in AINV;
- Distinguish the special populations and circumstances where cannabinoid use requires additional caution or should be avoided;
- Summarize the key counseling points for synthetic and natural cannabis medications in treating antineoplastic induced nausea and vomiting.
Not a member? Join now so that you can take advantage of all the benefits a CAPhO membership offers.