Watch a Webinar
CAPhO Educational Webinar Series Presents ...
The educational webinar series is for members only. Members, be sure to register for the next live webinar or workshop. Not a member? Click here to join.
If you are interested in presenting a webinar email your request to email@example.com. We welcome everyone’s participation in the Educational Webinar Series.
CAPhO members are invited to participate in a three-part Webinar Series hosted by British Oncology Pharmacists Association (BOPA) and produced in collaboration with Clinical Oncology Society of Australia – Clinical Pharmacists Group (COSA CPG) and CAPhO.
The first of the series took place on Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 08:00 BST and covered highlights of the COSA 2022 conference. The timing of the webinar was during most of Canada’s sleeping hours, and the recording is posted here under Past Webinars.
The remaining collaborative webinars, covering highlights from CAPhO and BOPA’s 2023 Conferences, will better accommodate CAPhO members’ localized time zones allowing more CAPhO members to participate in the presentations live and with take place in the coming months.
Nikki Blosser, Education Committee Pharmacist – Advanced Chair, will be co-hosting the webinars with the Education Chairs of BOPA and COSA.
CAPhO members benefit from the educational webinar series, which started in 2015 and annually offers up-to-date oncology pharmacy information. (Members, you need to be logged in).
Webinars available for viewing by members:
- BOPA, CAPhO, and COSA Collaboration Series - COSA Conference Highlights
- chaired by Bastiaan Buijtenhuijs, Marissa Ryan, and Nikki Blosser. (June 28, 2023)
- Managing Adverse Events and Drug-Drug Interactions Associated with CDK4/6i in Patients with HR+/HER2- Metastatic Breast Cancer, sponsored by Pfizer Oncology Canada
- presented by Anna Granic and Glenn Myers (June 8, 2023)
- Engaging Communities to Improve Health Outcomes: The why, what and how
- presented by Dr Noni MacDonald (March 3, 2022)
- The Modern Health Communicators: Getting the message across in the modern age
- presented by Christopher Tse (February 23, 2022)
- Management of Sickle Cell Disease in Pediatrics
- presented by Esther Jadusingh (October 12, 2021)
- Women's Health and Fertility in Oncology
- presented by Dr. Jennifer Leung (May 21, 2021)
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice in Gynecologic Oncology: How to Expand your Practice and Promote Collaboration in Oncology
- presented by Nadine Glynn (April 22, 2021)
- Vaccine Considerations in Patients with Cancer Receiving Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy (including COVID-19) - A Joint CAPhO / ISOPP / BOPA complimentary webinar (April 12, 2021)
- Evidence-based medicine through an Indigenous Lens: an Oncology Perspective
- presented by Dr Jaris Swidrovich (March 25, 2021)
- Dexamethasone: To Use or Not to Use during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- presented by Kathy Vu (January 8, 2021)
Are you interested in watching these webinars plus accessing other educational opportunities? As a CAPhO member, you can pair the online learning through the Webinar Series with the discounted member rate for OFD, access to the Oncology Basics Program and other online resources. Add the CAPhO Conference (as a member you can apply for travel grants or learning grants to offset the cost of attending!) to enhance your learning and meet other oncology pharmacists and technicians from across the country.