CAPhO Oncology Fundamentals Day takes place on Saturday, October 22 as a one-day online learning event. OFD and OFDTech will be combined again in 2022 - learning for oncology pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy assistants. Participants will also be able to register for and attend the Drug Interactions Workshop, taking place the next day on October 23.
The timing of the programming will be as follows (subject to change):
- Saturday, October 22: 10:00 - 17:00 ET: Oncology Fundamentals Day
- Sunday, October 23: 9:00 - 15:00 ET: Drug Interactions Workshop
Oncology Fundamentals Day will be CCCEP accredited for approximately 4 to 6 CEUs.
The program will feature the following topics:
- Sponsored Symposia
- The role of oncology pharmacy technicians in clinical trials
- Supportive care in radiation therapy
- Understanding the different types of lymphoma
- Crossing the blood-brain barrier: Intrathecal chemotherapy
- Near misses from practice for chemo prep
- IDEA in Oncology Pharmacy
All registrants will have the option to view recordings on-demand after the live event for a period of six months, after which the recordings will be made available to all CAPhO members. Please note, however, that presentation recordings are not accredited.
Chair, Education Committee Pharmacist - Fundamentals