- An engaging and informative annual CAPhO Conference with CCCEP-accredited presentations at the CAPhO member conference rate ($250 off the registration fee)
- Online sharing of the posters and presentations presented at CAPhO Conferences. NEW for 2017 - online Conference presentations will be accredited
- Participation in Oncology Basics, CAPhO’s Oncology Practice Essentials online education module (created by members)
- Access to CAPhO’s Educational webinar series on timely topics that matter in the field of oncology pharmacy (delivered by members)
- Member only access to the Oncology Fundamentals Day Online Resources, CAPhO's online conference focussing on common oncology diseases and cancer treatment toxicities
- Opportunities to communicate and network with other oncology pharmacy professionals across the country via the Members’ Only Forum, at CAPhO Conferences, through social media, and Compass posts
- Updates on new publications written by CAPhO members
- Links to national and international oncology pharmacy organizations such as the Canadian Association of Provincial Cancer Agencies (CAPCA) and the International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners (ISOPP - where you can join as a CAPhO/ISOPP member)
- Tools to help you promote CAPhO and our upcoming conferences and events as an ambassador
- Access to awards and travel grants to recognize your achievement in the field of oncology pharmacy and to help you participate in our field’s national and international conferences and events
- Access to the FCAPhO designation to recognize your contribution to the oncology pharmacy field and to CAPhO
- A dedicated Executive Board ensures CAPhO’s growth and development by spear heading CAPhO 2020 (#CAPhO2020), a strategic initiative to lead excellence in patient care – this is an excellent opportunity for you to be involved as an Executive Committee member, Committee member or Task Force member
- Opportunities to support the Executive Members who represent your professional interests and bring your ideas forward to decision makers such as government officials
- Volunteer leadership opportunities to gain valuable experience, contribute to the field of oncology pharmacy and broaden your network of colleagues and friends - CAPhO is run by volunteers, people like you who are engaged in the field of oncology pharmacy
- Voting privileges at CAPhO’s Annual General Meeting to determine the direction and activities of the association
New Member: I am new to CAPhO and want to apply for membership.
Renewals: I am already a CAPhO member and want to renew my membership.
- To renew your membership, return to the login page of the online CAPhO Membership payment site and enter your username (email) and password created for previous memberhsip payment.
CAPhO’s membership is comprised of a wide variety of professionals who work in the field of oncology pharmacy, and the organizations in which they work. Membership categories are as follows:
- Active member
Active members are pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy assistants or health care professionals (including academics) who support the goals and objectives of CAPhO and pay fees to the Association. Only active members are eligible to be nominated for election, vote or stand for election in the Association.
- Honourary life member
Honourary Life Membership is granted to CAPhO members to recognize outstanding, long-term career contributions related to the profession of oncology pharmacy and to CAPhO. Find out more on the Awards & grants page.
- Student member
Students receive a complimentary membership for the first year and pay a reduced fee for subsequent years. Students receive access to all member benefits and all member communications, except are not eligible to vote or be committee members. Students are defined as follows:
o An undergraduate student is enrolled in a school, faculty or college of pharmacy in Canada that confers academic qualifications, the completion of which is a prerequisite for practice of pharmacy in a province or territory of Canada.
o A student is enrolled in an accredited community college pharmacy technician program.
o A graduate student is enrolled in graduate studies related to oncology pharmacy including an Oncology pharmacy residency, Pharm D program, or other post baccalaureate pharmacy training programs.
Proof of student status is required to receive student membership. Proof consists of a copy of the student's ID or a letter from the student's institution Registrar verifying student status. This will be required during the registration process and can be uploaded as either a Jpeg, PDF or a word document.
- Supporting member
A supporting member is an individual who supports the objectives of and pays fees to the Association but is not eligible for other membership categories. This individual is not eligible to vote and not eligible for the CAPhO Conference discount for registration.
Regardless of the payment date, the fee remains the same and the membership is valid for that calendar year, except for the three-year membership which is for three calendar years.
Membership fees are:
Pharmacy technician and pharmacy assistant membership:
- One-year membership: $50
- Three-year membership: $125 (discount of $25)
- One-year membership: $75
- Three-year membership: $175 (discount of $50)
Joint pharmacist CAPhO/ISOPP membership:
- One-year membership: $67.50
(To qualify for the discounted CAPhO/ISOPP joint membership rate, pharmacists must be members of both organizations.)
- One-year membership: $50
- Three-year membership: $125
- First-year membership: Complimentary
- One-year membership for subsquent years: $25
If you are a pharmacist, you have the option of choosing a discounted CAPhO membership fee to obtain a discount on membership fees with select international oncology organizations. To qualify for these rates, pharmacists must be members of both organizations. To get the discount membership fees, select the applicable membership fee category when applying or renewing your membership with each organization.
The International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners (ISOPP) is the first organization that CAPhO has established a joint membership discount arrangement.
Joint membership discounts are available to pharmacists only. Membership rates for all other membership categories are already discounted.