CAPhO Conference 2024
Oral Chemotherapy Management (OCM) Workshop
The Oral Chemotherapy Management (OCM) Workshop takes place in conjunction with the CAPhO24 Conference. It is an in-person workshop developed by the Education Pharmacist Advanced Committee.
Oral anti-cancer agents are becoming an increasingly common treatment option in the oncology setting. Although these medications are more convenient for patients, they also come with a number of challenges that include issues with drug access, adherence, toxicity, and interactions. If you are involved in providing care to patients receiving oral anti-cancer agents, or would like more information on these medications, then CAPhO’s Oral Chemotherapy Management workshop is for you. Join us on Thursday, April 11th from 12:30pm - 4:30pm as we work through three patient cases and identify how pharmacists can help remove barriers for patients receiving these treatments.
Participants will be provided with pre-workshop resources and cases to review in advance. During the in-person workshop, our facilitators will provide a short overview of toxicities associated with three classes of oral anti-cancer agents. You will then build on this knowledge as you are guided through managing treatment complications with the use of interactive patient cases.
1. Describe the toxicities associated with select classes of oral anti-cancer medications
2. Identify strategies for managing toxicities and drug interactions associated with oral anti-cancer agents
3. Describe the role of the pharmacist in caring for patients who are receiving oral anti-cancer agents
4. Discuss methods for implementing oral anti-cancer management into your clinical practice
OCM Workshop Registration Fees:
- CAPhO Member Early Bird: $29
- Non-Member Early Bird: $129
- CAPhO Member: $49
- Non-Member: $149