Click on the links below to go directly to any of the following sections:
- Submit your Poster Abstract(s) Now
- Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Poster Display Criteria
- CAPhO Poster Awards
If you are a CAPhO member log into the website* before clicking the ‘Submit Your Abstract’ button below in order for your abstract to be linked to your online account.
*If you have not yet logged into the revamped website, go to www.capho.org and click on the ‘Log in’ button on the top right corner of your screen and then click ‘Reset your Password’. You will then receive an email to set up your personal password, which will replace all previous passwords. You now have one password to access all areas of the website.
If you are not a member and have registered for a past CAPhO event (e.g. a CAPhO conference, OFD or DI Workshop), click ‘Submit your Poster Abstract’ below and log in using the username (email address) and password you used in the past to register for these events. You do not need to create a new login.
If you are not a member and have not registered for a past CAPhO event, click ‘Submit your Poster Abstract’ below then “Create a Login" tab to create a username and password and click on the “Next” button to proceed. Once you have logged in, you will need to add contact details by clicking the "Update Contact Details" tab.
Re-enter your record to submit draft abstract(s):
If you would like to re-enter your record to edit and submit a draft poster abstract or submit a second poster abstract, please sign in to the online poster submission site using your account details. Once you are in your record, you can edit drafted abstracts or add a second poster abstract until the submission deadline of Tuesday, January 18, 2022, midnight EST.
Poster Abstract Submission Deadline
All poster abstracts are to be submitted via the online submission site by Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at midnight EST. The submitting author will be notified of acceptance by email the week of February 7, 2022.
Presenting Author Registration
The presenting author must register for the Conference by Tuesday, March 15, 2022. The submitting author is responsible for notifying the presenting author of the registration deadline.
Title and Content
The poster title must be submitted in Title Case. The poster abstract is to include an objective, design, results, conclusion and contact information.
Poster Abstract Submission Categories
The following four submission categories are available:
- Administration: Staff training programs, pharmacoeconomics, drug preparation and delivery, projects that address compliance to provincial regulatory standards or national best practice guidelines
- Pharmacy practice (non-research based): Descriptions of innovative patient care programs, drug utilization evaluations/drug management programs, quality assurance projects
- Research - Clinical: Evaluation of pharmacist interventions, clinical qualitative studies, meta-analyses or scoping reviews on clinical topics
- Research - Non-clinical: Original research on drug stability, pharmacokinetic studies, pharmacodynamics studies including incidence of adverse reactions, pharmacogenomics projects, patient attitude or behavioral studies, education projects
The following two presentation types are available:
- New Poster (poster that has not been displayed before)
- Encore Poster (poster that has been presented elsewhere)
Only new posters submitted by CAPhO members are considered for the CAPhO Poster Awards. Encore posters are not considered for judging however may be presented to provide exposure to a new audience.
The following author information is required:
- Name and contact information of submitting author
- Name and affiliation of any co-authors
Poster Abstract Length
The maximum length of a poster abstract is 200 words.
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable.
Poster abstracts and posters are accepted in either English or French.
Number of Submissions
An individual may submit up to two poster abstracts as primary author. There is no limit on the number of abstracts that an individual can co-author.
If applicable, please provide the name and contact information (including phone and email) of the poster abstract sponsor.
Poster Abstract Terms and Conditions
- An individual may submit a maximum of two poster abstracts as primary author. There is no limit on the number of abstracts that an individual can co-author
- All submissions will be kept by the CAPhO Conference organizers, and will not be returned
- All submissions are subject to review by the CAPhO Research Committee
- The CAPhO Research Committee reserves the right to decline any poster abstract for any reason
- Submitting authors will be notified of the CAPhO Research Committee's decision(s) by email the week of February 7, 2022
- An electronic version of the poster is required to be sent to email@example.com by Monday, March 14, 2022 for pre-Conference judging and for posting on the online platform
- The presenting author must register for CAPhO 2022 by Tuesday, March 15, 2022
- All accepted posters will be posted on the online platform and be available for viewing during the Conference as well as post-conference
- A panel of judges will review all new posters of CAPhO members prior to the Conference. If your poster is selected for a Poster Award, you will be asked to give a brief poster presentation during CAPhO 2022.
Poster Session Attendance and Presentation
It is mandatory for the Poster Award Winners to present at the CAPhO Poster Award Presentation Session on Sunday, April 24.
An electronic version of the poster is required to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 15 for pre-Conference judging and for posting on the online platform. All accepted posters will be posted on the online platform and be available for viewing from April 21 to 24, 2022.
Narrated Presentation (Optional)
If your poster is accepted you have the option to submit a 5-10 minute narrated presentation about your poster. Narrated presentations will be available for viewing from April 21 to 24, 2022 on the online platform. This is an optional component for authors.
Poster Award Eligibility
In order to be eligible for a CAPhO Poster Award, the submitting author who is also the first author must have paid their CAPhO membership fee by February 1, 2022.
Poster Award Judging
A panel of judges will review all new posters of CAPhO members prior to the Conference. Encore posters, posters submitted by non CAPhO members and company sponsored posters are not considered for the CAPhO Poster Awards.
Poster Award Presentation
There will be four awards presented:
- Best Overall Poster for Administration - $500
- Best Overall Poster for Pharmacy Practice - $500
- Best Overall Poster for Research (Clinical) - $500
- Best Overall Poster for Research (Non-clinical) - $500
If your poster is selected for a Poster Award, you will be asked to give a brief poster presentation during the CAPhO 2022 Virtual Conference.
If you have any questions, please contact:
CAPhO Conference 2022
c/o Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc.
Suite 206, 201 Bewicke Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 3M7
Email: email@example.com, Skype: seatoskychaimaa