Click on the links below to go directly to any of the following sections:
Poster Abstract Submission Deadline
All poster abstracts are to be submitted via the online submission site by Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at midnight PST. The submitting author will be notified of acceptance by email the week of March 29, 2021.
Presenting Author Registration
The presenting author must register for the Conference by Wednesday, April 21, 2021. The submitting author is responsible for notifying the presenting author of the registration deadline.
Title and Content
The poster title must be submitted in Title Case. The poster abstract is to include an objective, design, results, conclusion and contact information.
Poster Abstract Submission Categories
The following four submission categories are available:
- Administration: Staff training programs, pharmacoeconomics, drug preparation and delivery, projects that address compliance to provincial regulatory standards or national best practice guidelines
- Pharmacy practice (non-research based): Descriptions of innovative patient care programs, drug utilization evaluations/drug management programs, quality assurance projects
- Research - Clinical: Evaluation of pharmacist interventions, clinical qualitative studies, meta-analyses or scoping reviews on clinical topics
- Research - Non-clinical: Original research on drug stability, pharmacokinetic studies, pharmacodynamics studies including incidence of adverse reactions, pharmacogenomics projects, patient attitude or behavioral studies, education projects
The following two presentation types are available:
- New Poster (poster that has not been displayed before)
- Encore Poster (poster that has been presented elsewhere)
Only new posters submitted by CAPhO members are considered for the CAPhO Poster Awards. Encore posters are not considered for judging however may be presented to provide exposure to a new audience.
The following author information is required:
- Name and contact information of submitting author
- Name and affiliation of any co-authors
Poster Abstract Length
The maximum length of a poster abstract is 200 words.
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable.
Poster abstracts and posters are accepted in either English or French.
Number of Submissions
An individual may submit up to two poster abstracts as primary author. There is no limit on the number of abstracts that an individual can co-author.
If applicable, please provide the name and contact information (including phone and email) of the poster abstract sponsor.
Poster Abstract Terms and Conditions
- An individual may submit a maximum of two poster abstracts as primary author. There is no limit on the number of abstracts that an individual can co-author.
- All submissions will be kept by the CAPhO Conference organizers, and will not be returned.
- All submissions are subject to review by the CAPhO Research Committee.
- The CAPhO Research Committee reserves the right to decline any poster abstract for any reason.
- Submitting authors will be notified of the CAPhO Research Committee's decision(s) by email the week of March 29, 2021.
- All accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to the Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice (JOPP). By submitting an abstract, you consent to the publication of this abstract.
- In order for your poster abstract to be included in the JOPP supplement and presented at the Conference, the presenting author must register for CAPhO 2021 by Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
- A PDF version of the poster is required to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 28, 2021 for pre-Conference judging and for posting on the online platform.
- All accepted posters will be posted on the online platform and be available for viewing from June 4 to 6, 2021.
- A panel of judges will review all new posters of CAPhO members prior to the Conference. If your poster is selected for a Poster Award, you will be asked to give a brief poster presentation during CAPhO 2021. More details to follow.
Poster Session Attendance and Presentation
It is mandatory for the Poster Award Winners to present at the CAPhO Poster Award Presentation Session on Sunday, June 6.
A PDF version of the poster is required to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 28, 2021 for pre-Conference judging and for posting on the online platform. All accepted posters will be posted on the online platform and be available for viewing from June 4 to 6, 2021.
Narrated Presentation (Optional)
If your poster is accepted you have the option to submit a 5-10 minute narrated presentation about your poster. Narrated presentations will be available for viewing from June 4-6, 2021 on the online platform. This is an optional component for authors. More details to follow.
Poster Award Eligibility
In order to be eligible for a CAPhO Poster Award, the submitting author who is also the first author must have paid their CAPhO membership fee by February 1, 2021.
Poster Award Judging
A panel of judges will review all new posters of CAPhO members prior to the Conference. Encore posters, posters submitted by non CAPhO members and company sponsored posters are not considered for the CAPhO Poster Awards.
Poster Award Presentation
There will be four awards presented:
- Best Overall Poster for Administration - $500
- Best Overall Poster for Pharmacy Practice - $500
- Best Overall Poster for Research (Clinical) - $500
- Best Overall Poster for Research (Non-clinical) - $500
If your poster is selected for a Poster Award, you will be asked to give a brief poster presentation during the CAPhO 2021 Virtual Conference. More details to follow.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Christina Gonzalez Fraser
CAPhO Conference 2021
c/o Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc.
Suite 206, 201 Bewicke Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 3M7
Email: email@example.com, Skype: seatoskychristina