CAPhO Educational Webinar Series: Women’s Health and Fertility in Oncology
Presented by Dr. Jennifer Leung
Friday, May 21, 2021 at 12:00 PDT, 13:00 MDT, 13:00 CST, 15:00 EDT, 16:00 ADT, 16:30 NDT
It is important that pharmacists understand the mechanism of ovarian toxicity related to common cancer treatments and how to educate patients regarding this risk and mitigate this risk. Additionally, pharmacists are called upon for assistance in management of unique women’s health issues such as menorrhagia, so an understanding of this subject is also an asset.
- Understand the mechanism of ovarian toxicity of common cancer treatments;
- Compare the relative risk of infertility of various treatments including traditional chemotherapy, novel targeted agents and/or immunotherapy and hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT);
- Recommend management options for fertility preservation for women undergoing chemotherapy or HSCT;
- Describe fertility preservation resources and programs available to Canadians; and
- Develop prevention and treatment plan for severe menorrhagia associate with treatment or disease related thrombocytopenia.