CAPhO Educational Webinar Series: Advanced Pharmacy Practice in Gynecologic Oncology
Presented by Nadine Glynn from Eastern Health.
Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 16:00 PDT, 17:00 MDT, 17:00 CST, 19:00 EDT, 20:00 ADT, 20:30 NDT
Oncology pharmacy is a diverse field of practice; exploring the specialized practice environment and collaborative setting of gynecologic oncology illustrates how pharmacists can expand their scope of practice.
In one hour, Nadine will:
- Discuss how to acquire and enhance relevant knowledge and skills for an advanced pharmacy oncology practice;
- Define a collaborative gynecologic oncology pharmacy practice in an outpatient setting;
- Review a pharmacist's role and management of treatment related toxicities and adverse effects in a collaborative environment;
- Describe a pharmacist's prescribing role in managing gynecologic oncology patients; and
- Explore future opportunities to further advance an outpatient oncology pharmacist's scope of practice.