Fellow of the Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology (FCAPhO) Recognition Program
The FCAPhO recognizes excellence in the practice of oncology pharmacy in Canada by distinguishing oncology pharmacists and other health care professionals interested in oncology pharmacy who are CAPhO members and have made outstanding contributions to this field and to CAPhO.
In order to be successful, you need to document that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements, which includes that you are a practicing pharmacist for at least 10 years, a current CAPhO member, and have been a CAPhO member for at least 5 years, demonstrate that your professional activities exceed routine job functions, and illustrate how you have:
- Made a substantial contribution to CAPhO,
- Made practice contributions to pharmacy in the fields of oncology, hematology, and blood and marrow transplant,
- Participated in original research, and
- Participated in volunteer service, philanthropic or advocacy activities related to oncology pharmacy practice.
How to apply
As a CAPhO member, you will self-nominate and submit an application package via the online Awards and Travel Grants Application site containing the following components:
- Completed online application form which includes a brief candidate statement and a request to upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and your photo
- Nomination letters (see below for details)
The application deadline is Monday, January 16, 2017.
Nomination Letter information
To become of Fellow of CAPhO, a member must be nominated by two current CAPhO members. The nominators must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current CAPhO member in good standing (Active, Honorary, Supporting or Student (as long as he/she is not a current student of the nominee))
- Must NOT be a current member of the CAPhO Executive Committee nor on the CAPhO Fellow Task Force
- Must know the nominee well and feel confident in nominating him/her for the FCAPhO
- Must be able to submit the nomination letter by the application deadline
Please forward the Nomination Letter Information to your two nominators, underlining the deadline to ensure your application is complete. Details on where to send the letter are in the Nomination Letter Information document.
Selection of candidates
Your application will be reviewed by the CAPhO Fellow Task Force which will make a recommendation of FCAPhO to the Executive Committee. The Fellow Task Force will base its recommendation on the information provided during the application process.
Presentation of FCAPhO
You will be notified of the status of your application in advance of the CAPhO Conference / Annual General Meeting, where FCAPhO recipients will be announced. You are responsible for attending the CAPhO Conference at your own expense.